Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day 4 at GA

We started off the day with Worship and Communion.  Mark Labberton preached a great Sermon, unlike the previous day's sermon which was reported in the daily GA paper as "Post Christendom is cool, says UCC pastor", or some such.

Had to be in committee by 9:30am, however, at 9:20am I was still at Worship, and had to leave as the TE leading the Communion liturgy was talking as if she was giving a eulogy.    Luckily,  by the time I reached the back of the hall, the servers were ready so I was able to partake.

The rest of the day was somewhat of a disappointment.   Over the years it appears that the conservatives do not do well in committee, but when they reach the plenary, things change.

I'll go give details tomorrow, but suffice it to say, there are a few minority reports from the orthodox side being brought forward.   On committee 10, we had our heads handed to us, but very respectfully.   Evidently at the 220th, there was some bad feelings at that committee, this year everyone understood that any change will cause pain, and potential loss.

However, right now I'm heading for bed, I'm fried and I need to get up at 6am to attend the PFR/Fellowship breakfast.

... and so it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not one to moderate comments, as I try to moderate my own at other blogs. That said, I will remove offensive, defaming and otherwise inappropriate comments when needed.