Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hi ho, hi ho, its off to work ....

Today is the first day I've felt good enough to go to work in about a week. Needless to say, I would have rather have gone to work the first few days of this week than spend it at home going through the fun chronicled in the previous post.

However, the past week has not been all that bad. I heard from a friend at Plodding Theological Seminary that they were given permission to circulate their PIF, unofficially of course as they have not been officially certified to receive a call, but this is progress.

So, they've been busy all week finishing up the PIF, and getting them in the mail, and researching CIFs. Should be interesting to see what turns up and where.

As for me, I have a weeks worth of Honey Do's that have piled up, the biggest being the lawn. Unfortunately, its been wet most of the week, so the grass has grown. The fortunate thing is the weather reports all talk about sunshine, highs in the 80's, and clear so I'll be able to get the lawn done tomorrow. My only question is that should I let the mulching mower do its thing, or should I bag the first cut.
I've heard both suggestions, I'm leaning to the mulch as it will return the nitrogen to the soil, but with the grass so high, I'm not sure that the mower will chop the blades fine enough.

Decisions, decisions .... maybe I'll just procrastinate until Tuesday. Urp, its going to rain ... oh well.

... and so it goes !!

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you're feeling better!

    I'm the moderator of our CPM, and a few months ago we recently also gave permission for a candidate to "unofficially" circulate his PIF. We're doing his final assessment this Friday. He is a fine & gifted young man. I expect he will sail through, and our denomination will be blessed to have him in ministry.

    Blessings to your friend. This is the time of year when I keep all the seminary graduates looking for calls in my prayers. Reading CIFs & submitting PIFs can be disheartening at times. I remember when I received three rejection letters in one day. Ugh. I think I submitted about 30 PIFs, did five phoen interviews, and two face-to-face weekend interviews. It's sometimes hard to rememember that God indeed has a plan for us, but he does. Mine happened to include getting a husband as part of the deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its an interesting time of year. Another friend there was looking forward to graduation:

    "Another 4 weeks and we'll graduate, yippie!".

    She was brought back to earth with this reply:

    "Another 4 weeks and we'll be unemployed !!"

    ReplyDelete

I'm not one to moderate comments, as I try to moderate my own at other blogs. That said, I will remove offensive, defaming and otherwise inappropriate comments when needed.