Friday, January 8, 2010

Being "Inched" to death !!



For the past 15 days (except for Dec 30th) Plodding PA has had snow. It may have been a flurry, it may have come down in a steady fall, but we had snow. Along with the rest of the country, we've also had the arctic cold coming in from the lands of our neighbor to the north.

The past day we had 4 inches come down, primarily due to the storm front and low pressure area that sailed across the country from the midwest to the east. We're supposed to get another 2 or 3 overnight into Saturday evening. Areas around here have seen from 5 to 25 inches; depending how close to Lake Erie they area. Yes, its mostly lake effect snow, but we didn't see as much last year as we are this one. Our unofficial measurement outside my wife's office window measuring the amount of snow on the roof of our patio, shows about 10 inches.

I can handle snow, I can't handle idiot drivers, which is why I stay home until the roads are clear. Which is the same reason I think this deer has decided to rest in my backyard until the snow stops. I fully suspect that they are safer from the hunters, than the drivers around here.

.... and so it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not one to moderate comments, as I try to moderate my own at other blogs. That said, I will remove offensive, defaming and otherwise inappropriate comments when needed.