Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year ... and an old problem.

Its now the year 2-thousand and ten, or as some would have us say, twenty-ten. In either case its the beginning of another year.

While most people say its the end of the decade, geeks like me say we have one more year to go. After all, we don't start counting from the year zero do we !!

Now that I have that off my chest, its time to look forward to the new year. There will be changes coming up, one of which is that I will probably have to leave my job at TJ's due to complications with my left hand.

The left thumb surgery went fine, that joint is doing quite well. However, due to some unknown cause, my left hand cannot grasp as well as it used to. It is one third as strong as my right, and is very achy and stiff. While I'm doing occupational therapy twice a week, along with exercises at home, it does not appear to be doing all that much better.

I'm not sure if the problem was due to the hand being in a cast for six weeks, and my trying to do something with that hand while in that cast, or that the joint pain was so bad, it just overwhelmed the other problems in that hand. In any case, I will have to give up my job as I've run out of leave time. I can reapply to TJ's after everything is healed, but the date of that is unknown.

I really wanted to start off this year with something that wasn't about me, but this has become a constant in my life lately, and its hard to think about much else. That said, I'm in pretty good health otherwise, just need more exercise.

Enough of me; now, back in December I remarked about a friend coming up for a call. The congregational meeting is coming up soon, and I'm asking all three of my readers to keep her in your prayers. While the congregational actions are normally pro forma, there is always that gadfly that seems to show up to cause ripples. Please pray for clear sailing!

Finally, I wish everyone a happy and safe 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for healing for you and smooth sailing at the congregational meeting for your friend! Happy New Year, RC.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not one to moderate comments, as I try to moderate my own at other blogs. That said, I will remove offensive, defaming and otherwise inappropriate comments when needed.