Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Relearning Basic ... the Microsoft Way !!

Well, as I mentioned previously, I've been spending time in Visual Basic 2008, mainly to get myself reconnected with programming and into that regimented thought process again. Having A.D.D doesn't help much, but its surprising how compartmentalized I get when I have a programming problem to work on.

I actually have a project that will be worth all this studying. A pastor friend of mine has asked me if I could put something together that would help him create an order of worship. Something that would pull together passages from the Book of Common Worship, perhaps from the Book of Confessions, and so on, then create a MS Word document that would just need to be tweaked with announcements and so on.

Sounds like fun! OK .. to most of you it sounds very dreary, but its a problem that needs a solution and I'm all hyped up to begin work on that. I even plan to take this on vacation with me and work on it. Wait you say, you're on vacation and you want to work?? Well, as my wife says, I'm at my happiest when I have a computer and a problem to solve. So it will be very relaxing for me.

Now all I have to do is get the hang of Visual Basic. Mainframe COBOL is so much easier ... !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not one to moderate comments, as I try to moderate my own at other blogs. That said, I will remove offensive, defaming and otherwise inappropriate comments when needed.